MTBA Membership Changes Coming July 1 2016
Mountain Bike Australia’s Management Committee recently endorsed a number of changes to MTBA membership effective from July 1. These changes include:
1. Allowing MTBA members to be a member of more than one MTBA affiliated Club.
• Examples of where this recommendation is relevant is in situations where members relocate, want to support multiple Clubs or support the Club(s) that work to maintain their local trails. This change will be implemented through the Register Now Membership system, allowing members on their renewal to sign up to a primary club and secondary clubs simultaneously. The member will appear on the membership records of these clubs
2. Make membership of MTBA, for participation in Club social activities optional.This involves:
a) Remove the mandatory requirement that Club members must be a member of MTBA for recreation/social activities; and
b) Remove the mandatory requirement that non-MTBA members must purchase the $7.00 Recreation Permit to participate in social activities.
Membership of a MTBA Club remains compulsory for participating in races, either via a Race Membership or day license.
MTBA members are covered for Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance for all MTB related activities.
3. Introduction of optional one-day Recreation Permits for non-MTBA members participating in official Club Recreation/Social activities.
Recreation Day Permits will now include Personal Accident in addition to Public Liability cover.
a) Junior 18 years and under: $7.00
b) Senior 19 years and older: $10.00
The option to purchase a Recreation Day Permit has also been added to MTBA Online Services.
4. Introduction of a 12-month Recreation membership for Juniors at a cost of $35 + Club Fee.
Currently the Recreation membership fee is $55.00 + Club fee for all ages. The new Junior Recreation Membership will be introduced for members 18 years and younger.
5. Introduction of a Race Day License fee of $15.00 for non-MTBA members aged 18 years and under and for all MTBA Recreation members.
This feature has been added to MTBA Online Services and will automatically be implemented.
6. Introduction of a Junior Value-Add Membership for CA & BMXA members (aged 18 years and under) at a cost of $60 for 12 months.
• Currently the Value-Add membership is targeted at Senior riders, however MTBA acknowledges there are a huge number of junior riders that would benefit from a Junior Value-Add membership. Proof of CA or BMXA membership with a minimum of 3 months remaining is required when processing Value-Add memberships.
7. New MTBA Day Licence / Participation permit books will be sent to clubs and Private Promoters. This will include the updated prices inserted into each book to be used at events as required.
We will require clubs and private promoters to return all books to MTBA prior to July 1, 2016. Only once they are returned, then the new books will be issued.*
* If you have events running between 20th June and 11th July please advise the Members Services Team to organise books for those events.
PLEASE NOTE: Following the introduction of these membership changes, your club will need to update the Club Fees on the MTBA Online Services system to ensure each member is being charged the correct club fee.