The code shall apply to all persons formally associated with mountain biking, within Australia. In particular, it shall apply to: Persons acting for or on behalf of MTBA: athletes, coaches, managers and support staff of MTBA. All persons participating in MTBA sanctioned events. Officials, Commissaires and support personnel assisting in or conducting MTBA events. MTBA appointed Delegates and employees of MTBA.
MTBA wishes to operate in a non-discriminatory environment where people show respect for others and their property. MTBA wishes to operate in an environment free from harassment.
MTBA members are expected to show a positive commitment to MTBA’s policies, rules, procedures, guidelines and agreements.
– ‘Sledging’ other athletes, officials or event organisers.
– Excessive use of alcohol, acting in a way that becomes a public nuisance, or creating a public disturbance.
– Damaging another person’s property or depriving them of that property.
– Any physical contact of coaches with athletes shall be appropriate to the situation and be necessary for the further development of the athlete’s skill.
Penalties can be imposed according to the nature of the offence and one or more of the following can be used:
– Verbal warning
– Fine. (Minimum $50)
– Relegation of race position (by one or more positions)
– Time or points penalty applied during an event
– Disqualification from a race
The full Code of Conduct policy is available HERE.