Like many sports, clubs are the backbone of mountain biking in Australia and provide opportunities for local members to participate in a range of social events and competitions each year.
In order to affiliate a new club with Mountain Bike Australia, the following requirements must be met:
1. MTBA Club Affiliation Form and MTBA Membership Fee Summary Sheet completed and returned to MTBA along with affiliation fee.
2. Be registered as an Incorporated Association (copy of Certificate of Incorporation must accompany the affiliation form).
3. Club must have a minimum of 3 members and all committee members must be financial members of MTBA.
Affiliation will not be approved unless all paperwork is completed in full, and meets MTBA standards.
MTBA at the direction of our insurers has recently implemented new requirements for Private Promoters affiliating with Mountain Bike Australia.
In order to affiliate as a Private Promoter with Mountain Bike Australia, the following requirements must be met:
1. MTBA Private Promoter Affiliation Form completed and returned to MTBA along with affiliation fee.
2. Be registered as a Business (copy of Certificate must be provided to MTBA).
3. Comprehensive Event & Risk Management Plans submitted for each event outlined in your deed.
Once all documentations is received, it is sent to management for approval; please allow 5-10 working days for confirmation. Affiliation will not be approved unless all paperwork is completed in full, and meets MTBA standards.
Private Promoter Affiliation allows for the hosting of up to 3 events per affiliation period. Private Promoters conducting in excess of 3 events will incur additional charges per event. MTBA issues a Certificate of Currency to Private Promoters on a per event basis, which covers the event dates only.
If you have any further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact our Member Services Team on (07) 5628 0110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the MTBA Private Promoter Application Form (download for PDF form capabilities)
Click here to download the MTBA Private Promoter Event Checklist (to be submitted with each event application)
Schools wishing to affiliate with Mountain Bike Australia are required to submit the following:
1. MTBA Schools Affiliation Form completed and returned to MTBA along with affiliation fee.
2. Letter of endorsement from School Principal / Head of School